When you are ready to set up your new Peace by Hampton Smart Surge Protector, the Peace By Hampton app will guide you through the setup process, however, here are some step by step instructions for you to refer to. If you have already downloaded the Peace by Hampton app and created an account skip to Step 3.
- Download the Peace by Hampton app from the Play Storeor App Store on your smart device.
- Create a Peace by Hampton account by opening the app and clicking 'Register'.
- Plug your Smart Surge Protector into an outlet, preferably one that is not far from your WiFi router and, the blue light will begin flashing rapidly (2 times per second) If the light is not blinking rapidly press and hold the 'Reset Button' for 5 seconds.
- From the 'Home' page in the app, click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the ‘Smart Surge Protector’.
- The PBH app will automatically bring up the WiFi network your smart device is connected to if that is the WiFi network you want to connect your plug to enter your password and press 'Next. If you want to choose a different WiFi network, click on the grey symbol to the right of the WiFi name, click 'Other network', connect your smart device to the WiFi network you want to connect your plug too, and press the back button on your smart device to return to the PBH app and then click 'Next'. Note:Your PBH Plug will only connect to 4 GHz WiFi Network.
- Click on 'Confirm light is blinking rapidly' at the bottom of the page and then click 'Next'.
- Once the app has successfully connected to your plug the red light will no longer be flashing and you will get a message saying 'Added successfully'. You can then rename the plug by clicking on the pencil next to the name of the plug, entering a new name, and clicking 'Save'. Once you have renamed the plug click 'Done' or you can simply click 'Done' and rename the plug at a later time.
Trouble Shooting Tip: If your PBH Smart Plug did not successfully connect to the Peace by Hampton app using the Steps provided above try setting it up using AP mode. You can find the instructions on how to set up your plug using 'AP Mode' by clicking here.