When you are ready to set up your new bulb, the Peace by Hampton app guides you smoothly through the setup process. However, here are some step-by-step instructions for you to refer to. If you have already downloaded the Peace by Hampton app and created an account, skip to Step 3.
How to Set Up Your Bulb Using Bluetooth:
- Download the Peace by Hampton app from the Play Store or App Store on your smart device.
- Create a Peace by Hampton account by opening the app and clicking "Register."
- Install the bulb into a light fixture or lamp, preferably one that is not far from your Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the light fixture or lamp, and your bulb should begin flashing rapidly (2 times per second). If your bulb is not flashing rapidly, turn the bulb off and on five times at a steady but NOT rapid pace.
- From the 'Home' page in the app, click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- You should receive a pop-up showing your Bluetooth bulb, click on Go to add. Note: If you do not see the pop-up within 5-10 seconds, after clicking on the "+," please continue the setup using "EZ Mode Setup Instructions."
- Click on the + beside "Bluetooth device."
- The Peace by Hampton app automatically brings up the Wi-Fi network you're connected to. If that is the network, you want to connect the Bulb to, enter your password and click "Confirm." If you want to choose a different network, click on the grey symbol to the right of the Network name, connect to the network you want to connect your bulb too and press the back button to return to the app and click "Next." NOTE: The PBH Smart Bulb can only connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks.
- App should connect to the bulb automatically via Bluetooth, or you may receive a screen asking you if the bulb is blinking rapidly. If you receive the question screen, click on "Confirm bulb is blinking rapidly" and then click "Next."
- Wait for the app to connect to the Bulb; once connected, you can rename it by clicking the pencil to the right of the preexisting name, and then click "Done," or you can simply click "Done" and change the name at a later time.