NOTE: These instructions are intended to be used if you were unable to successfully connect your Indoor Smart Plug to the Peace by Hampton app using 'EZ Mode'. Click here for setup instructions using 'EZ Mode'.
To set up your Indoor Smart Plug using AP Mode -
- Plug your Smart Bulb into an outlet, preferably one that is not far from your WiFi router and, the red light will begin flashing rapidly (2 times per second).
- From the 'Home' page in the app click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on 'Indoor Smart Plug'.
- The PBH app will automatically bring up the WiFi network your smart device is connected to if that is the WiFi network you want to connect your plug to enter your WiFi password and click on 'Next'. If you want to choose a different WiFi network click on the grey symbol to the right of the WiFi name click 'Other network' connect your smart device to the WiFi network you want to connect your plug to and press the back button on your smart device to return to the PBH app and click then click 'Next'. Note: Your PBH plug will connect to a 2.4GHz WiFi Network.
- Click on 'EZ Mode' in the top right corner of the page and then click on 'AP Mode'.
- Click on "Confirm indicator is slowly blink' and then click 'Next'.
- Once the app has successfully connected to your plug the red light will no longer be flashing and you will get a message saying 'Added successfully'. You can then rename the plug by clicking on the pencil next to the name of the plug, entering a new name, and clicking 'Save'. Once you have renamed the plug click 'Done' or you can simply click 'Done' and rename the plug at a later time.