These instructions are intended only for if you cannot connect your PBH Smart Bulb to the Peace by Hampton app using 'EZ Mode.'
To set up your Smart Bulb using "AP Mode," follow the steps below -
- Install the bulb into a light fixture or lamp, preferably one that is not far from your Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the light fixture or lamp, and your bulb should begin flashing. If your bulb is flashing slowly (once every 2 seconds), skip to Step 7.
- Turn the bulb off, pause for about a second, turn the light back on, and repeat this 5 times.
- Confirm the bulb is blinking rapidly (twice per second).
- Turn the bulb off, pause for about a second, and turn the light back on. Repeat this 5 times. (Same as Step 3)
- Confirm the bulb is blinking slowly (once every 2 seconds.)
- In the app, click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select which bulb you have A19 (Smaller Indoor Bulb) or BR30 (Larger Outdoor Bulb).
- The Peace by Hampton app automatically brings up the Wi-Fi network; you're connected to; if that is the network you want to connect the bulb too, enter your password and press "Next." If you want to choose a different network, click on the grey symbol to the right of the Network name, connect to the network you want to connect your bulb too, and press the back button to return to the app and click "Next." NOTE: The PBH Smart Bulb can only connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click on "EZ Mode" and then "AP Mode."
- Click on "Confirm indicator slowly blink" at the bottom of the page and then click "Next."
- Click on "Go to Connect."
- Find and select the network called "SL-Hampton-XXXX."
- Click the back button on your phone or tablet.
- Wait for the app to connect to the bulb; once connected, you can rename it by clicking the pencil to the right of the preexisting name, and then clicking "Done," or you can simply click "Done" and change the name at a later time.