When you are ready to set up your new bulb, the Peace by Hampton app guides you smoothly through the setup process. However, here are some step-by-step instructions for you to refer to. If you have already downloaded the Peace by Hampton app and created an account, skip to Step 3.
- Download the Peace by Hampton app from the Play Store or App Store on your smart device.
- Create a Peace by Hampton account by opening the app and clicking "Register."
- Install the bulb into a light fixture or lamp, preferably one that is not far from your Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the light fixture or lamp, and your bulb should begin flashing rapidly (2 times per second). If your bulb is not flashing rapidly, turn the bulb off and on five times at a steady but NOT rapid pace.
- From the 'Home' page in the app, click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- A pop-up screen should appear with the bulb you have - click GO TO ADD.
- Ensure that your bulb is listed and checked on the next page, click on the + at top of the page.
- The Peace by Hampton app automatically brings up the Wi-Fi network you're connected to. If that is the network you want to connect the Bulb to, enter your password and press "Next." If you want to choose a different network, click on the grey symbol to the right of the Network name, connect to the network you want to connect your bulb to, press the back button to return to the app, and click "Next." NOTE: The PBH Smart Bulb can only connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks.
- Wait for the app to connect to the Bulb; once connected, you can rename it by clicking the pencil to the preexisting name's right and then click "Done," or you can click "Done" and change the name at a later time.